Thursday, 2 February 2017

Thursday 2nd February - Part Three - Today I Learned...


Morning Tea. John came to me, as a new student, with the other guy who went to his church, and we talked about some stuff. He was in Australia for some time. I kinda knew he had been in Australia. Nita (John’s sister, who I would talk to from time to time) told me she didn’t know whether she was going to Australia or Edgewater College. I hoped that she’d go to Australia, for reasons I won’t disclosed, but then...Nita came from behind me! “OH, WHA…” I began, before my train of thought left the brain station, instead gasping a little. Well, I mean, it was nice seeing her again. Like Te Harangi, I never really expected her to come to Edgewater. Although, now that I think about it, with Nita, who told me in person last year, face to face, that she might come to Edgewater, I should’ve expected that.

Next - Social Studies. As everyone went to the second storey of E Block, outside E14, waiting for Ms. Scott (my Social Studies teacher this year...and also, the dean!) and it was hot in there...lots of people waiting around, filling the hallway...then someone said we were supposed to be in C2. Since the heat took me, and my mind was getting fogged up, I thought that someone said “E2”. After going downstairs to E2, and realising nobody else was coming down to E2, and then remembering from Music that Cezar said something about Mrs. Scott and C2, I walked quite quickly to everyone else. I was just in time. The door that lead in C2 was just getting opened, so I might count myself lucky for making it look like I didn’t come late. Anyway, to the lesson, Mrs. Scott introduced herself and talked about some facts about herself. She was from South Africa, moved to New Zealand on January 1st, 2010 (I think it was 2010), and her parents sadly passed away in 2011. That was sad. That made me sad just thinking that. But, anyway, moving on, Mrs. Scott handed a sheet to everyone where it had this landscape. It looked like this (since I can’t describe it in detail):


Okay, so the clouds was where I would write down my dreams (in one cloud I actually wrote about an actual dream I had one night during the summer holidays, and in another I wrote about my aspirations for this year). With the mountains (the conjoined M and A), the top curves represent the high points (good moments), and the bottom curves represent the low points (bad moments). The water at the bottom was where I would write down everyday things I do everyday. Afterwards, Mrs. Scott then pointed out the course for Social Studies for the year for 10E. Oof, I used “for” more times than I should have. We packed up before the end of the period, and the bell rang for the next period.

P.E. I was excited when we were going to do a physical lesson. But then I looked at the board as I walked in, and it didn’t say “Gym”, it just said “Foyer” under 10E. I was a little confused. Then, Miss Potter came and told everyone to sit outside. Huh. I got a little more confused. Then, everyone was told that we were moving desks…

Hmm...well, at least we were doing some work! I can’t really elaborate more about how we took the tables. Basically, some students taking tables and chairs from the hall to B6, and then everyone took some tables from the hall to R7 (a classroom near the field, and also a lonely classroom block, since the other classrooms in the area were taken away). It was really hot, I could barely move after carrying two tables at once. Oh, gosh…

So tired…

Lunchtime, well, hardly anything happened, and English went pretty well. Started on an autobiography to give to Mr. Hancock, and to be frank, I really want to add a note for English on there. I really enjoy English, and with a teacher like Mr. Hancock, I just really hope that at the end of this year, I still enjoy English as much as I did last year.

-------

Oh, crike, I need to make these shorter...

No comments:

Post a Comment