Remembering EOTC Week - Monday 23rd November




"Fun? Yes, fun is the main word in today's event."

"Yes, I've been in it for four years, and even though I was in it by accident, I enjoy my group fully. My group is called Tobruk..."
Oh, Athletics Day. How I’ve had a good run with this event (ha!) through the years at Tamaki Primary, and boy, has it been such a wild ride. It all started back in 2010, my first year at Tamaki Primary. I wasn’t really put in a house group yet at the time, so when the teachers were calling out the names of the people in their house groups, I was so confused of what to do! Until one crucial moment occurred. A teacher called someone who’s first name was coincidentally my last name, and because of that…

I went off to the group. And, that group was…

Tobruk.

In a later house meeting, I would realize that I shouldn’t have picked Tobruk as my group, for it was not the house I was personally related to. I won’t say the house I wanted to be in, because I’ve grown so used to Tobruk these days. But, moving on, this became what I would call, a blessing in disguise, or, a happy accident, for all the losses were paid off with a Tobruk win in 2014.

But, after lots of talk going on, it was revealed that Tobruk cheated that time.

Well, it was still good while it lasted :) So, in 2015, Tobruk needed to rely on some hard work and some fast running to really get that fair win. And what do you know, it kinda pays off!

Comments

Popular Posts

Apology Post

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

GBW: Transcript