Monday 14th November - Today I Learned...


Arriving at school, I went to B13 (my English classroom), hoping that Ms. Clark would be there to keep this suit jacket that I’d use for a sales pitch that I would show the class. But...she wasn’t there. Instead, there were some of my classmates hanging out in the classroom. Nothing much happened (because I was busy thinking of a different plan to hide my jacket while no one notices), but I know I shared a hongi with Carlos.

The bell rang for the first period (Health) and after having a little occurrence that I won’t reveal (ever), I came to class. For the hour, 9E learned about contraceptives and preventing pregnancy when you aren’t ready to make children, and a little bit more about STIs carried on from last week (last week we talked about STIs). It was interesting about the different kinds of contraceptives there are, which all contribute to stopping pregnancy from happening in the first place, and all apply to females.

Science was next, and all there was to the hour was some revision going on for a test on Wednesday. I was finishing off some work from last week, and having a bit of a chat with the other guys on the table. Then the bell rang for Morning Tea. It was then after Morning Tea where I started to get a little ready for the sales pitch I was doing with Nathanael. Now that I reflect back on it, I maybe should’ve told him about what I had done before we went up - and we were supposed to go first, but weirdly enough, Nathanael wanted to go to the bathroom, so we went second. When he came back, I began getting ready…I opened up my bag and brought out the suit jacket. Yeah, I kinda gave up on trying to put it somewhere in the classroom, so I went with the choice of just leaving it in my bag - but, anyway, moving on. With a background of ‘OHHHHH’s I then got out the navy blue tie...and then moved my hair to the left side. Basically, I looked sorta like this:

Abraham
I was going to portray (a little bit) my alter ego, Abraham. If you’ve been reading this blog since March last year, you would know a bit about him. He “left” the suburb of Tamaki in mid-April and I had rarely mentioned him in later posts (up until now). I had a presentation ready, and with a surprised and partially-confused Nathanael, I began with a little countdown, then started the presentation. Now, I did this thing where I saw what was on the screen and then made up the sales pitch as I went on, so I can’t exactly tell you what I said. I can say that I was yelling with an instrumental of “Modern Love” by David Bowie playing in the background, and presented the product that I was selling…

The Pen…

Believe me, reader, that was the best product I could think of. Last week, while we were thinking of a product to sell, Nathanael came up with the most questionable pens. And, I included them in the sales pitch as “Exclusive Pens” that would be free if you bought The Pen.

There was the RubberPen, where you have a pen with a rubber where the clicker would be - and even though you might think those exists, there’s a twist - the rubber...is for rubbing out pencil...it’s not for rubbing out pen, just pencil…

Then there was the Glen (Glove Pen), where you had a pen that was connected to a glove, and when you wear the glove and needed a pen to write with - BAM! There it is, just with a flick of the wrist, you’d have the pen! Although, it didn’t have the ideal writing position.

And lastly the Octopen (Octopus in a Pen). This was the weirdest one, where Nathanael told me there would be an octopus...in a pen! With the octopus in the pen, you wouldn’t have a problem of getting ink! I remember saying that this pen was limited, and for good reason too, since over 30 octopuses died in the process of being put in the pen...but 12 survived! After ending the sales pitch, there was applause from everyone. Gosh, it felt hot in that jacket after getting out of character. Thankfully, most of my plan worked, and I got a few acknowledgments from some classmates and Ms. Clark.

That’s all I have time for today’s TIL, since I’m running behind on some work. There’s a French poster that I need to finish for my EC9 Diploma, and I’m getting close to getting over 130. I’m currently at 82. If I get those precious 10 credits from the glitchy “Digital Citizenship Resource” assignment then I’ll be on track…

I’ll be on track…


On track...

Comments

Popular Posts

Apology Post

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

GBW: Transcript