Friday, 26 February 2016

26th February - Part One - Today I Learned...



In the morning, I almost came late. But I was just in time to get to my first class before being TOO late...


Social Studies was first. Everyone was waiting just outside the classroom after the bell rang. Gosh, Ms. Minahan was going to be pretty late, isn’t she...it was about five minutes since the bell rang. Usually, if she were late, she would be about two to three minutes late, but not five. While waiting, I was thinking that I was being a bit of a bad sport to Caprice. She was really nice now. She wasn’t nice before. Maybe I’m just...I’m just holding the past with me. She’s done a lot of things to me back in 2014 that I never talked about because, well, it seemed pretty surreal that things can escalate once you begin to argue with her. So, while she walked by, I asked her,
“Do you still wanna drink?”
“Yeah!” she replied, but she was far away so she yelled, hence the exclamation mark.
“Okay!” I yelled back, before walking away back to 9E. She then said something that I couldn’t understand, but before I could ask what she said...she was gone….dang it, this always happened. But moving on, TEN minutes had now passed by, according to my watch, and so I decided to take a walk into the building (because everyone was on the second storey of the two storey building that had a terrace outside the classrooms) outside the classroom, I look at a note on the door of the classroom, and see that (though it’s not the exact words on the note on the door) it paralyzed me for ten seconds…


9E to Library P1.


In those ten seconds, I started thinking. 9E. That’s my class. This is the Social Studies classroom. Library. P1. Period One. This is Period One. Ms. Minahan is in the Library. She isn’t late. I’m late. WE’RE late. Go to the library. NOW. I was thinking that, while also not saying anything, but just staring at the note. It was like Medusa changed into a piece of paper and the swirls and handwriting on the door were the snake thingies that could freeze anyone. Anyone meaning me. Patricia shook me out of it, and read the same note.
“Willy?” she asked, before reading. “Oh, my...GUYS!” she began, before telling everyone the news. I snapped out of the word trance, and begin walking away from everyone and down the stairs. Right behind me as I walk, groans and shouting from everyone. Wow. Lucky I didn’t go through there, aye…


Social Studies, after coming into the Library technically late, everyone was working on computers. I was working on one computer but it was locked. It said, “Attention Please!” on the screen. I was confused, but found out that someone had went on something a bit...weird, then locked the computer. I moved over to another computer...and that computer was really, really, really, slow. Yasmina was sitting next to me, and she had a tablet with her. Weirdly enough, the computer she was using was working fine! Wow! How...how...how weird!! I tried working on her tablet, but her tablet was being PRETTY annoying to me. I don’t know how it was working well for Yasmina…


Walking out of the library out of Social Studies and into Maths with Mr. A. (I call him that for short). I didn’t bring my device, dang it. It was just because something happened to the netbook the day before that made it go off for a long time. And it couldn’t fit into my school bag. Moving on, Yasmina was partnered up with me, and Cailib, who happened to be nearby, and we filled out the questions on the worksheet online.


It felt great finishing it. Well, I lied about finishing it. The three of us got 23% correct of the whole thing. It was worth it. Worth working the questions out. Besides there was hardly any time left, so Mr. A. didn’t mind it that much if we didn’t get 100%. But next was Morning Tea. I bought a drink with some money I had that I would give to Caprice, but that wasn’t it. I was going to shake it.


But where would she be?


She wasn’t near the gym, she wasn’t near this seating place near the tuck shop...she wasn’t near Block E...hmm...where DID she go? Before going on my own, Denzel and his close friend came to me, and the three of us went looking. On the field, well, I couldn’t see her...I see a group in a distance but, I can’t risk checking there.


Shaking the can for about five minutes at this point, I gave the can to Denzel’s friend, who started shaking it. He dropped it about ten seconds later. “Argh!! Oh, my gosh!” I exclaimed and laughed, while Denzel laughed. The guy picks up the bottle quickly and I see a big DENT on the side. “Don’t drop it!” I commanded, but one minute later…


He drops it again. “You had one job!” Denzel yelled in a humorous fashion. We laughed and walked around to find her. I made a joke that if there was a girl that (sort of) looked like her, they would have some connection to her. I tested that theory and, wow! The girl who looked like Caprice, actually knew her! And then I did it on another girl...she knew her! Buuuut, she wanted the drink...

Well, she was probably really close to her...reeeeeeaallllllyy close...

Without noticing the time, the bell was going to ring. I was holding the Sprite drink can, in my hand, dented and shaken...I was gazing at the can while sitting down...I...I couldn’t find her...now, I have to….I have to...open the can…dang, this totally backfired on me...I should’ve just sticked to moving on from what happened two years ago...maybe, if I just wai-


Nah, I’ll just put it in my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment