Summer Learning Journey - EXTRA - Nostalgic Task...

Hi, there, reader,

To end Week 2 of the Summer Learning Journey, I completed an extra activity, and it said:

Once you have looked at the other school diary, it is time for you to make one of your own. What do you in a normal school day? Use the template below as a guide and post your own personal ‘Day in the Life of…’ on your blog. What do you do in a normal school day? What lessons do you usually have?

So, I looked on the Kia Manawanui Site, looked on the learning programme, and first it brought some memories through the events...those two Teacher Only Days in which I still went to school for...don't worry, I went to school for a different reason, of course, but I made the following programme below that shows what a normal day would've felt like.

Comments

  1. Hi Willy,

    Thank you for undertaking this task even though it is somewhat nostalgic for you! I see that your days at Tamaki Primary involved a lot of reading and writing in class. I also see that you had 50 minutes of 'Inquiry' time. That is a new concept for me, although, I've read a few others students who have also blogged about 'Inquiry' time. Can you please help me by briefly explaining what inquiry time is? It sounds very interesting...

    Thanks so much, Willy! I'll look forward to logging back in tomorrow to see if you've embarked on your final week of the Summer Learning Journey. On Days 10-14 you will start to explore the music, sports, landmarks, customs and culture that is pervasive in Germany. I hope that you enjoy the activities :)

    All the best,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    I'll be glad to explain what inquiry time is. To start off, each term at T.P.S there is an inquiry topic, or a topic as we called it back then, and...it would be, for example, Earth and Beyond, and during inquiry time, we would learn or do a task related to the inquiry topic, or in this case, Earth and Beyond.

    We research and investigate the different areas of the inquiry topic for about a term and then the next term, there's a new topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. Thanks so much for explaining it to me, Willy. I thought that it might be something like that but wasn't sure :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Apology Post

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

GBW: Transcript