Summer Learning Journey - "Day One" - Task One!

Hi, reader,

Earlier today I decided, while reading a comment by a lady named Rachel Williamson, that I was going to join the Summer Learning Journey. I have read something about it on a poster, countless times, just wondering if I could still be part of it, even if I was a Year Eight and leaving. But, reading that I would still be able to participate, so, here I am...

Typing this down...

Doing my first task...hoping that it doesn't confuse me...

So, here we go! Let's get started! The first task for the first day (because the whole thing started three days ago, whoops) was to read facts from six countries going over six continents, which were:
  1. Canada - North America
  2. Malaysia - Asia
  3. United Kingdom - United Kingdom
  4. Germany - Europe
  5. Chile - South America
  6. New Zealand - Australasia
Image result for germanyAnd out of the countries, on which I read the facts about, I chose Germany as my destination to focus on. I picked it because there was this little video promoting Germany, and it sounded delightful with its scenery and how it links with its tradition, and every region has its own character and beauty. And by the sound of the average temperatures for summer and winter are such a breeze and feels just right!

I also found out some extra facts that weren't already included on the facts list. I found out that:
  1. Germany has more cultural activities and places than any other country, with 6,200 museums, 820 theatres, 130 professional orchestras and 8,800 libraries (in 2013). EXTRA FACT: Germany has more museums than any other country in the world.
  2. Smoking is banned in public places but drinking is still legal...I don't know why I picked this one as the second one, but since 2007, smoking was banned in public areas, on public transportation, but you can still drink openly. Also, Oktoberfest is a beer festival that takes place in the month of September each year.
Over 100 Germans have been awarded the Nobel prize in their field, including Albert Einstein, who was born in Germany.

Comments

  1. Good on you for going with the summer reading challenge over the holidays.

    I didn't realize about the museums but I guess it is an old country.

    Cheers


    Allanah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Willy,

    It is such a joy to see that you have chosen to join our journey! I am thrilled to have you 'on board' (so to speak!)

    I think that you have made a wonderful choice by opting for Germany. I have spent some time in Berlin and Munich in the past and found both cities to be incredible. The architecture was stunning and there is just so much that has transpired in the country over the past century to make it a fascinating place to visit. I also happen to have some wonderful friends who are living in Germany at the moment and they are very keen to blog with you as you go along this journey.

    I really appreciated the facts that you posted about the country, as well. Like Allanah, I had no idea that there so many museums in Germany! I will have to try and see some if I am lucky enough to get back to Germany in the future.

    I'm looking forward to learning quite a bit more about the country as the summer progresses. There are two more full weeks for the programme and I am excited to see what else you will uncover as we go...

    Willkommen in Deutschland :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Willy,

    I am really excited to see that you picked Germany as your destination. I hope that you will enjoy your journey!

    After spending about 3 1/2 years in Auckland, I am back in Germany since last March. I thought it was funny, that you said that the temperatures are 'such a breeze' here. I have to say that I am struggeling with winter. I quite enjoyed the weather in Auckland!
    We had snow in October, which apparently was very unusual, but I was really shocked, as I thought it would stay that cold until spring. Thankfully it got warmer again, but the next cold spot has just arrived: We had snow and ice last week and apparently it is going to get even colder this week. So we will see.

    Have you even been in the snow?

    Save travels, I am looking forwards to reading about your adventures,
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Willy,

    I am really excited to see that you picked Germany as your destination. I hope that you will enjoy your journey!

    After spending about 3 1/2 years in Auckland, I am back in Germany since last March. I thought it was funny, that you said that the temperatures are 'such a breeze' here. I have to say that I am struggeling with winter. I quite enjoyed the weather in Auckland!
    We had snow in October, which apparently was very unusual, but I was really shocked, as I thought it would stay that cold until spring. Thankfully it got warmer again, but the next cold spot has just arrived: We had snow and ice last week and apparently it is going to get even colder this week. So we will see.

    Have you even been in the snow?

    Save travels, I am looking forwards to reading about your adventures,
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Hercules Movie Evaluation Task - Movie Questions

GBW: Transcript

April 25th...