Monday, 18 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 8 - EXTRA - Interviewing a Family Member...

Hi,

Welcome to another one of those extra activities in which I decide to do an extra activity, from the Summer Learning Journey. The extra activity was:

Choose a family member and conduct a short interview. In the interview ask them five questions about themselves:
  1. What is your name? 
  2. Where were you born? 
  3. How many siblings do you have? 
  4. What is your favourite thing about living in New Zealand? 
  5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
Post the answers on your blog.

I chose my sister, Abbie, for this task, because she was literally near me, and this is what I got...
  1. What is your name?
    Abbie.
  2. Where were you born?
    I don’t know.
  3. How many siblings do you have?
    Um….sixteen? SIXTEEN! I have sixteen…
  4. What is your favourite thing about living in New Zealand?
    I live in...Apatosaurus...dinosaurs? And...dinosaurs? I live in Edgewater!

    Me: Abbie, you live in New Zealand.
    Abbie: I live in New Zealand. Um...I’m gonna...love dinosaurs.
  5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
    To the...to the...to the museum. I see dinosaurs.
Me: Go brush your teeth.
Abbie: Meow.
I'm kidding. I didn't interview my sister. And I made up the answers my sister gave. Well, she didn't say the answers, I made it up. You know what I mean...

I interviewed my mum, and this is what she had to say...by the way, before we go any further, the interview was real and these are her words almost exactly.
  1. What is your name?
    My name is Mel.
  2. Where were you born?
    I was born in Samoa.
  3. How many siblings do you have?
    I have eight siblings.
  4. What is your favourite thing about living in New Zealand?
    The thing I love about New Zealand is the education here.
  5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
    If I travelled, I would like to go to Jerusalem because it’s one of the holy lands related to my religion.

2 comments:

Rachel Williamson said...

Hi Willy,

As ever, you have posted a very entertaining blog! Can I confirm that you actually did interview your mom or did you just imagine that she gave the answers you posted above?

Either way, I am really pleased to see that the education system was your mom's (real or imagined!) favourite thing about New Zealand. As a teacher it is always so nice to see that family's appreciate the system and believe in it! I have met a number of New Zealanders over the past decade and their education has allowed them to live and work in countries all over the world. It truly is a world class system and we are so lucky to be a part of it (I reckon, anyway!)

I also loved reading that you mom would like to travel to Jerusalem, if possible. It strikes me as being a deeply spiritual and mystical place. I wonder if any of our readers have ever been there? Anyone?

I will look forward to logging back in tomorrow to see what you have written next! Ironically, tomorrow's activities are all related to schooling and education!

Cheers,

Rachel

Willy I said...

OH GOSH!!

I forgot to edit something on this post!! The interview with my Mum was definitely real and sincere. I just didn't finish it. Thanks for the heads up, anyway!

And I totally agree with you on the education system part of your comment. Very true indeed!

Post a Comment