Summer Learning Journey - Day 8 - Activity One - My Family...

Hi, reader, again, for another task from the Summer Learning Journey,

To get a bit of context, reader, read this bit about Ms Williamson’s family:

This is my family - the Williamsons. We’re a pretty typical Canadian family. When I was younger we lived in a small town (Almonte) in the province of Ontario, Canada. Approximately 5000 people live in Almonte. It is located 30 kilometres from Ottawa, the capital city of Canada.  

My family is currently made up of five people. My dad, Ron, is on the left-hand side of the picture. He is married to my mom, Leslie (she’s the one in the blue dress). My parents have been married for 35 years! Together they have two children, Leigh (the one in the wedding dress) and me, Rachel. I’m the one in the black dress. In this picture my sister, Leigh, has just gotten married to her fiancĂ©e, Andrew (he’s the one in the grey suit!). This picture was taken in July 2012.

And now that you have met her family, you’ll know why the next activity will say ‘Now that you have met my family’.

Now that you have met my family it is time to think about your own family. On your blog tell us about your family. How many people are in your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters? What are their names? In your blog tell us as much as you can about your family.

So...here we go…

This is my family. I would reveal the family name, but noo. It’s a bit risky, if you know what I mean. Anyway, my family is a pretty small family, if I could say so myself. We currently live in an eastern suburb in the Auckland area. The Auckland CBD is about 12-13 kilometres away from where we live.

There’s five people in my family. There’s my dad, Fili, and mum, Mel, who have married for about 15 years! Then there’s my brother, the oldest, Martini (there’s a couple of pronunciations for his name but just say Mar-tee-nee), my sister, Abigail (we call her Abbie for short), the youngest,  and then there’s me, in the middle. You probably know my name...Willy, if you didn’t.

So there you have it. My family explained in two paragraphs.

Comments

  1. Very succinct, Willy, and very cyber smart. I love to see that you refrained from sharing your family's full name with us online. That is really clever. I felt comfortable sharing my family's details in this context but will be mindful of sharing any other personal details in the future.

    I had to smile when you said that you have a small family. By today's standards, three children is actually a relatively middling or even large family by some country's standards. I recently read that the average number of children in Canada is 1.59, the average number in Germany is 1.43 and the average number in New Zealand is 2.05. With a family of three children, you are well above the national average!

    I hope that you and your lovely family have a great week.

    I'll look forward to logging on again tomorrow to see what you've posted!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    Wow, that's something new! I didn't know three children would be above the national average. I was just comparing my family with other families in...my family...basically, in the WHOLE family, the outer family, some of the other families in my outer family have more than five children! So that was surprising to hear that, haha!

    And I hope you have a great week with your family too.

    -Willy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Hercules Movie Evaluation Task - Movie Questions

GBW: Transcript

April 25th...