Summer Learning Journey - Day 6 - Activity One - Breakfast Time!

Hi, reader.

Welcome to another task on another day for the Summer Learning Journey. For this task, it is to:

Compare the breakfast foods that you are typically eaten in the country are you visiting with normal New Zealand breakfast foods. Are they similar or are they different? What do you think of the foods? Would you like to eat them for your breakfast? In your blogpost, answer these three questions.

And I’m in Germany, so, the typical common breakfast foods in Germany are:

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Cheese platter - Germany.jpg     C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Beans and Eggs - Germany.jpg    C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Mezze platter - Meats (Germany).jpg
        Cheese platters        Beans, eggs and toast     Mezze platters - Meat

Now, the first question. Are they similar or are they different? My answer is:
Sort of. I don’t really have meat for breakfast, unless it’s bacon or ham, the eggs and toast are the same! I sometimes have eggs and toast for breakfast, and I exclude the beans because they’ve always given me a hard time in the past years in the times I’ve eaten them.

I’m just talking about the beans, eggs, and toast. I don’t have meat platters, or cheese platters. I just...never had them…

Second question. What do you think of the foods?
I think the foods look nice for a good breakfast. I’m not really a big fan of cheese (due to a lot of bad cheese and the sight of it, though it would be nice if it was melted for me!), but it looks nice! The beans won’t suit me, but that’s alright. And the meat platter seems alright for me. It’s nice!

Third question. Would you like to eat them for your breakfast? My answer:

To eat ALL the foods for breakfast? Probably not, I’ll get full by the time I get to the second meal! But I would eat the breakfast foods for breakfast, yes. That would depend, though, I would just stick with eggs and toast...

And probably a cup of tea…

Comments

  1. Ah, Willy, you are a man after my own heart! I also love to start the day with a cup of tea. I got into the habit of drinking tea when I was living in the United Kingdom and I've just continued it to this day. I personally enjoy having my cup of tea with a thick slice of homemade bread (on the week-end) or a bowl of cereal (during the week). Like you, I don't tend to eat much meat or cheese for breakfast.

    If you could choose anything for breakfast, what would you have? My son, Aronui, loves to have eggs benedict or pancakes and will always choose to have one or the other, if it's offered. What about you?

    Looking forward to learning more as you continue your journey,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Willy,

    breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. I go back and forth between preferring coffee or tea though :)
    I was surprised to read that beans are common here for breakfast. I actually never had them before my first trip to the UK.
    I usually have cereal and fruit during the week and bread or bread rolls with cheese or nutella/ chocolate sprinkles on the weekend. I think boiled eggs are more common here for breakfast (at least in my family) than fried eggs. (A friend of mine who recently moved to Germany thought that the word 'Eierschalensollbruchstellenverursacher' was one of the longest and funniest words she ever saw. Mind you we do not use the word often, but I guess most Germans will know exactly what I am talking about. Have you ever seen one?

    I guess you are right and Germans tend to eat a lot for cheese, meat and bread and I LOVE German bakeries. They are usually my first stop whenever I come back from a trip.

    Cheers, Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katharina,

    It is so fun to read your posts and to learn more about life in Germany from a full German citizen! Thank you so much for teaching both Willy and I a lot over the past few weeks. I feel very lucky. I also feel a bit silly asking you this but what does 'Eierschalensollbruchstellenverursacher' refer to? That is truly the longest word that I have ever, ever read!!

    Cheers to you (Hope that you're enjoying some delicious German bakery goodies while you read this comment)!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Apology Post

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

GBW: Transcript