Friday, 15 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 5 - A Poem of Feelings...

Hiiii readerrr,

Welcome to another task from the Summer Learning Journey. In case you haven't noticed (and I'm sure you have already), I'm starting on Week 2!! Yay!! It took a week but it was ALL worth the work. And this is the first task for this week...

Take a moment and imagine how you might feel if you were standing in an airport in a foreign country and you didn’t speak the language. Would you be scared? Would you feel confident? Write a short poem that describes how you might be feeling (i.e. excited, happy, scared, nervous, etc). Post your poem on your blog.

The feeling I chose to use was, "Confused". And if the poem doesn't describe confusion, well...I don't really know what to do. I would feel confused, of course, but overall it would be a number of feelings!

3 comments:

Suzanne Rolfe said...

I know exactly what you mean! It so so confusing when there's loads of information to process AND i if its in another language, its even harder to figure out what you're meant to do, where you should go, when etc. Your poem is great. Suzanne

Rachel Williamson said...

Hi Willy,

Yes, the acrostic poem really is great! You captured the thoughts and feelings of so many people who travel. It does tend to get a little bit easier over time but there is always an element of confusion (particularly if there are other languages involved, as Suzanne mentioned).

I really like the way that you managed to superimpose your poem on the picture of you looking confused in an airport. You brought everything together so well!

I bet that Curious Kiwi is stoked to see that he got a mention in your poem as well :)

I'm looking forward to seeing where the Summer Learning Journey takes you next...

Rachel

Katharina said...

Hi Willy,

that is such a great post and your poem and picture capture exactly how I felt a lot of times at huge airports. It can be so overwhelming.
Well, hopefully there will be someone to pick you up! The first time I arrived in Auckland, someone from uni came to pick us up and that made all the difference.

Best, Katharina

Post a Comment