Summer Learning Journey - Day 3 (Still Here) - Extra - Word Cloud!

Hi, reader. Welcome to another EXTRA task from the Summer Learning Journey. I think I'm doing quite well. This is an extra task from Day 3. So here it is. The extra task was to:

Make a word poem called a ‘wordle’ using your packing list (i.e. the list of of things you are taking with you on your trip). To make a wordle you need to follow this link: http://www.wordle.net/create. Enter the words for all of your items into the box provided and click ‘Go.’ The website will create a wordle for you. Save the wordle and then post it on your blog.

Now, I know what you're thinking....the picture below does not look like an average wordle. That's because, reader, something happened with Wordle a while back, probably a year ago, where wordle just...didn't work for me. Literally. It just stopped working. And there was really nothing to do about it, so I can't do anything. Sorry, reader. BUT!!! Yes, a bit BUT right here. Remember this? Yes, I used Tagul to make my word cloud.

What a miracle, am I right? Right, reader? Right?

Riiiiight....


So this word cloud is shaped in a euro sign because the currency of Germany is the Euro. And it includes repeated editions of things I was taking to Germany. Don't forget the pass...port...dang, I forgot the passport again. But then again, I could just have it in my pocket, right? Right? Wrong? <-- Wow, that's the first time ever I used 'Wrong?' in a post. If you're reading this and don't know what I'm talking about, it's this gag I do most of the ti...anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post!

Comments

  1. Good morning Willy (our Guten Morgen as they say in Germany!),

    What a fabulous post!! I laughed and laughed as I read it. You are a very engaging blogger and, yes, you are doing very well. In fact, you are the most active blogger from Tamaki Primary School and are on track to win 1st prize for the Summer Learning Journey at the school. This is quite a feat given that you are, officially, no longer a TPS student. However, you will always be an honourary member and an alumnus so it still counts!

    I really appreciated your creativity with this wordle. The use of a 'euro' sign as your inspiration was, well, inspired! And, I had to smile when you accidentally forgot to include your passport. That does seem to be a persistent issue! I hope that you're able to remember it when you hop on the plane tomorrow and head off to Frankfurt. The lovely people at the airport won't allow you to fly without it so make sure that you put the passport in your pocket as soon as possible!

    Wishing you a very safe flight:)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Willy,

    what a wonderful and thoughtful post! I really like your Euro sign. I still remember the first weeks when we changed from the DM (deutsche Mark) to Euro in 2002. It was quite something to get used to a new currency. For a while you where able to choose at the cash registers, whether to pay in € or DM and it was always a disappointment, when you said DM and the price 'doubled' (because the exchange rate was about 1:2 :)).

    And I really hope I did not jinx the passport...

    Good luck, Katharina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Hercules Movie Evaluation Task - Movie Questions

GBW: Transcript

April 25th...