Summer Learning Journey - Day 3 - Packing!

Hi, reader.

Onto Day 3 (sorry for missing the last two days, I had to figure out how to do this task, and the season in Germany is, by my little research, winter) now, and it was official! I was going to board a plane with Curious Kiwi to Frankfurt, Germany. The first task, though, was to list the things that I would take to my designated country. Now, remembering the facts, the average temperature in Germany in winter is 0.5 degrees celsius!

So I thought, why not have some of the clothing be warm clothing!

And I checked the weather. The temperature’s are at LEAST under 10 degrees, so I better be wiseful on the clothes I choose! And equipment!

LIST OF THINGS TO TAKE:
  1. *Snowsuit - it can get PRETTY cold in Germany during winter!
  2. *Camera - to take photos and videos on 
  3. Mittens - part of the snowsuit, might not be good to have cold hands
  4. *A SMART Phone - to call loved ones so I can tell them what’s going on, and to post about my holiday using the internet!
  5. 2 pair of pants - kind of obvious why..
  6. 2 pair of jeans - more obvious why, and it's stylish too!
  7. 3 pairs of jumpers
  8. 4 beanies - keep the head warm!
  9. 3 underwears/underwear - everyone needs underwear, right?
  10. *Money? - hopefully I can change the currency of my money once I arrive in Germany
  11. *Shoes and 5 pairs of warm socks;

I hope that’s not a lot of things to take with me, but this is what I would take to Germany. What do you think?

Comments

  1. Dear Willy,

    that is a great list of things to pack for your winter adventure! I like that you are packing four beanies. I guess that means you can wear different ones to match your outfits?

    I think it is a great idea to pack a camera and a smart phone to keep in touch with your love ones.
    Please do not forget to have your passport handy as well!

    What are you planning to pack in your carry-on to keep you entertained on the plane? I usually take a book and either some crafting stuff (without sharp needles or scissors, e.g. I knitted a pair of socks once) or a sudoko book. If I am going to a new destination, I usually also have a travel guide with me and take some notes for my iternary.


    Looking forwards to reading more about your adventures,
    bis bald,
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Willy (and Katharina!),

    I think that you have created a very good list of items to bring with you! I like the suggestions that Katharina made as well regarding a passport and some carry-on baggage. I must admit that I always pack a light snack in my carry-on just in case we are delayed or in the in-flight meal isn't very tasty!

    I think that warm clothes will definitely be necessary this winter as The Weather Network (www.weather.com) says that it is currently 4 degrees and rainy in Frankfurt. What is it like in Jena today, Katharina? Are you walking to and from work in a beanie and jeans?

    Looking forward to catching up with both tomorrow and to reading more about what you decide to do once you arrive in Germany, Willy. It is such a fascinating country! I think that you will be spoiled for choice :)

    Take care and travel safely to Frankfurt!

    Cheers,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rachel and Katharina for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is our pleasure, Willy. We are really enjoying blogging with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Hercules Movie Evaluation Task - Movie Questions

GBW: Transcript

April 25th...