Summer Learning Journey - Day 14 (The Last Day) - Activity One - Landmarks in Germany...
It’s the last day, reader. Here’s activity one…
On your blog tell us which of the five landmarks you would most like to visit in your country and why you have chosen it.
Here are the five landmarks in Germany, first off:
- Brandenburg Gate – Beautiful arch in downtown Berlin
- Neuschwanstein Castle – One of the oldest castles in Germany
- Cologne Cathedral – Very famous Catholic church in Germany
- Marienplatz – The main square in the centre of Munich, a large city in Germany
- Berlin Wall – The most famous symbol of the Cold War in Germany. It used to separate the east side from the west side of Germany.
Now, in my opinion, I would like to visit the Berlin Wall, or, as I should say it, the remaining parts of the Berlin Wall, because I’ve seen a few documentaries and programmes that have mentioned the landmark.
Therefore to be at the place where some people have risked their lives trying to cross it (back in the days before the 1980s), then as the place where people came together as a whole to put the wall down, to see the ones they loved, is cool and awe-inspiring.