Fulfilling a Friday! Part Two...

Okay, so I've ran out onto the courts outside, where the Year Eights were doing their KiwiSport session. If you read that sentence, and knew that they were NOT in the hall, good on you. We moved out of the music room because of the noise in the hall, and we THOUGHT the Year Eights would be in the hall next, but they weren't.

Briiilliant. But that didn't matter, because I was on my way to get the people I needed. Mehi, Ma'asi, Stanley, and William. People who were responsible. Responsible. Responsible. A few seconds into the walking, and I'm arguing with them. How responsible (!). Apparently, one of them was on a different subject, and another thought the person I talked about before was replacing another person who is in this little project of mine but isn't (they're sick), and I said no. I guess SOMEONE did not get something right!

It was Ma'asi. Just sayin', just sayin', no hard feelings...no, really, none of it.

We go inside the office, then I guide Ma'asi and Mehi into the uniform/stationery closet. Mehi looked a bit, "nervous". She wasn't, but it looked like. It was a proper recording studio! It's dead silent, a small area, and a place where no one can actually see you! But anyway, we get started, and while the song goes, I guide Mehi and Ma'asi throughout the song. Pointing at the words, pointing at them, I think I was being the rudest person in the closet! Haha! Get it, because it's rude to point...

Recording, I also show some signs that also said something. Waving my hand up and down meant "Sing louder, the microphone's a bit far from you...", waving my hand near my throat as if I'm cutting my throat violently, meant "Stop right now!" as there was times they were dragging a little bit into my parts. No offense, don't take it the wrong way...

And we were done! Yay! No I needed to do Stanley and William. This was going to be interesting. Or, in the following words when I couldn't hear myself (because I was wearing headphones and it was loud):
"I can't actually hear myself say this, but I think recording with Stanley and William will be interesting *laughs*"
Momentarily, the three of us get into the closet. Wow, isn't this wonderful...recording a song...in a closet! Got to be a life hack, if not already. Okay, so the headphones are on Stanley and William, while I stand in the corner, pointing out their parts. Goes quiiite well, Stanley's a bit rusty on some parts, like at one part, he literally confuses the song with the actual song I was "parodying". It was sooooo funny! I literally felt a pain in my body as I was laughing. That's how funny it was.

Oh, and the lights were off. I forgot to mention that. It was dark, I mean, REALLY dark. The only thing that was a source of light was the netbook I used. Borrowed, I mean. Minute after minute, I heard them singing their parts of the song. And then, there was a challenge...

They had to sing the last part. The very last part, and had to make sure it was at the same time as I sang it. It took many times. Then after what seemed like two minutes, they did it! Hooray! We're finished! We all help Caleb pack up the recording equipment, and I take this lovely Bob. They called this speaker-like thing (which I don't really know the name of, sorry) Bob. What a nice name.

But that's not all. We go into the boardroom, because the hall was being used for a KiwiSport session. In the hall. In the hall. So, into the boardroom, two gentlemen, carrying Cook Island percussion instruments, putting them in their places. Caleb had put some microphones, and microphone stands, near them as well. This looked so cool! I wish I could play at least one thing for one time. Stanley got to play a drum, as we called it, and William got to play one...

Then Mehi got to play one...then William gave the instrument he got given, to me! Wow! I had a feeling this would happen!

And I didn't know we were about to be recorded. Me and Mehi struggled, well, mostly me was the one who struggled, seriously, as I/we were trying to get into the beat, for all the songs. Ma'asi was telling us what to do most of the songs, like she normally does (as a joke, not serious), and we get it. We get the beat, and Mehi is enjoying it well, laughing at Stanley's face on the drum. And me. And Ma'asi. And Caleb. Most of us were laughing.

Then when it finished, the beat, we all laughed, and Stanley was smiling and panting. Then we moved onto a slow beat (because the last one was a fast beat), and it was great. And interesting, I didn't know we were ending abruptly. Only Mehi's sudden holding of the sticks I had were the sign that I should've stopped.

After the recording, the kind men ended their session, and so, me, Mehi, Ma'asi, William, and Stanley help them and Caleb pack up. The instruments, and the recording equipment. I stopped myself from helping, and because I had four cartons of milk (there were bonuses, Caleb didn't want the last two, and STANLEY TOLD ME TO DRINK IT FAST), so it was obvious I need to go to the bathroom. This is sounding weird, let me move on.

I have my little moment, and then I get out, washed my hands, la la la, I need to stop doing this. OKAY, I'm out of the bathrooms, and for the sake of time, and management, I help Mehi and Stanley, and forgot about William sorry, with their netbooks...and their bags. A quick conversation with Ms Aireen, then Whaea Petra, then Ms Kyla, and then I ran downstairs, tired, with their bags in my hands. Running down the stairs...passing through people's conversations.....looking frantic....

And thankfully, they were coming out of the doors just to see me, giving them their bags. I couldn't find William's netbook, in case you didn't know, because I was obviously in a rush to get stuff, and I followed him upstairs to get it. Some other stuff happens, and then we farewell each other. William and Mehi go one way, me and Stanley go our way.

Walking, me and Stanley talk about what just happened. Oh, yeah, before I went to the bathroom, I was playing one of their little ukuleles like I was in Shakespeare. People walked by, I sang to them, badly, while also playing the instrument, badly.

But yeah, cutting it short, me and Stanley go our separate ways home, yelling to each other "Bye!". I mean, seriously, at one point I yelled,

"Gosh, dang it, BYE STANLEY!!!"

But he continued...

That was my Friday...

Comments

Popular Posts

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

Apology Post

The Market...