Seventeen Pictures I Grabbed from the Auckland Museum Trip!








Photo
Learning how to use the drill used
back then...
Hi! Just now I finally got into the Kia Manawanui Site (without the computer crashing) and found the pictures from the day we went to the Auckland War Memorial Museum. I forgot one word in the whole thing, dang it. But anyway, check out these pictures!


Photo
Our instructors teaching us about the story
behind the wood she's holding. I forgot what
tree it came from, but it was skinned and then the skin
was set in the water and then after it was ready to be
put into tapa cloth material.

Photo
Settling down. Quite remarkable, knowing that
I usually see a mouth or ten moving...
Photo
Brodie teaches the Year Eights a thing or
two....
Having a group-like picture in the place
where we saw the real mummy. The sign,
if you can't see, says "Hi".
Photo
Presenting our Ancient Greek God...Loki.
Photo
More artifacts! From the Pacific, I believe!

Photo
I think this is the basics of "lashing"...
I don't know how to spell it...
Photo
The Group! Including T.J, Brodie, Mehi,
Etai, and myself!
Photo
One of the canoes used back then
(to my knowledge...)
Photo
This guy wore my jumper for most of the
day. *sniff* Now it feels weird...
Photo
Playing on the "lallie". Again,
I don't know how to spell it...
Photo
An artifact. I don't know what it is,
because if you look closely,
I'm looking at something else...
Photo
Here's me with a few others feeling
the wood of this...this...oh no, wait, I
closed my eyes, so I forgot what this
was. No, wait, it was a canoe, I think.
Photo
Another artifact. A bowl of some kind, I
believe. If you look closely into the glass...
Photo
Learning a bit about the tapa cloths from
back then, and the instructors introduced
themselves to us.
Photo
One of the tapa cloths we saw from the lesson.
       

Comments

Popular Posts

Apology Post

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

GBW: Transcript