Dear Fictitious Diary...Early ANZAC Task

Hi, everybody.

I just completed an Early Finisher's ANZAC Day task for now. This task, and believe me the document was a big one, had a bundle of tasks and keys to do, and I chose this one. The "Dear Diary". I have no idea why it's called that, but I know the objective. For ANZAC Day, this task is said to write a letter in the scenario where you're an ANZAC soldier who has survived three days after landing on Gallipoli Shores. Miracle! Now I had to write a letter...

Dear Diary,

It's horrible. It's disgusting. It's cruel. It's somewhat blinding sometimes.

Three days here, and already I'm traumatized! I never knew what I was in for, I was on foreign soil, thinking this would be a great opportunity to seek the outside world. That all took a turn for the worst as just when I landed here, gunshots were fired and dear me, wasn't THAT such a bad scene to look at afterwards??

Many good men wasted under the gunfire. Especially most of my friends. Never said anything to them before we came to this land. Not even shore what this land is, but if you ask me, it's quite worse than you can ever think.

Now I'm sitting in one of the trenches, dirt flying everywhere, surrounded by bloody men, really older than me, walking around, no, sitting down, screaming. No, wait, it seems as if they're just trying to talk over the madness happening over on the other side.

No one I can see I can recognize. No one. Even with these men beside me, I'm still alone. In the dark. I never know what's coming towards me. I hope to come home to my family, but that's if I can stay alive for longer...

Comments

Popular Posts

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

Apology Post

The Market...