Wednesday, 29 April 2015

A Day in the Life of a Year Nine...Science...

So, moving on, the group had just came out of the building. I bang the door on my way out. Bad luck's a pain, isn't it?

A bit of a chat with another group while walking, and the next thing you know, we're at the science classroom. Our teacher was Miss Bunce, I believe her name was. And for today, we were going to do an experiment, which looked fun, but was informative too, and we learnt something while having a go. So, me and Stanley sat together, in the front table, near Miss Bunce, and then, after giving a look to what it looked like, and it was big, she came to us!

And we went through the process together. There was something that went first, I forgot the name. Then the dishwasher-liquid-bubble thing used, just a bit, and then the food colouring, in which what was supposed to be a few drops, ended up being a lot of food colouring. I mean, it was my first time in a while that I did this...

It erupted and for once I saw toothpaste-like foam just burst into my vision. Spectacular. Now here's what we did while we waited...

We took photos...well, actually, a LOT of photos, in fact, I took a video! While waiting! Genius! I haven't done that in a long time...

This one was just to show the result of the experiment, and just one fact, if you accidentally add too much food colouring, it may look different! Just putting that in there.
 And look at this beauty! What do you think happened next?! Did I take a taste at the elephant toothpaste? Or did I not? That's the mystery...

Quite a good one, right? Just imagine me saying, "I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna do it!" and then just me moving back saying "No, I don't do that!".
 Then this picture/gif right here. Just nothing else to take a picture at. Well, I forgot the entire class. And what a failure in posing every (what could be) second. Literally. It was one second, click, another pose, with no tongues, click, and then the realization that I took a picture poking my tounge, well, there you go...

These two are my favourites. So, just after we took the previous picture, Chasity came along...she and Stanley urged me to take a video...I did, and this is what happened.

On the left, you see me trying to lay one of my "once-in-a-classtime" joke, which ended up being "dry" as they called it. The ending was not planned at all. Then the one on the right shows Chasity and Stanley doing a high-five, and I wanted to do one too, but you know, safety gloves on! And did I have safety gloves on? No, so in a way, I listened well, and avoided a warm disaster...

Then, after taking a video and lots of pictures, the whole class talked about what happened in the experiment. Now, since I am writing this a day after it happened, my brain's fuzzy. The chemicals were used, and together, formed a reaction, a foam-like substance that replicated oxygen? I really forgot some words...

And with that, we were out of class, an-OH! Flippin' shoot! Gosh...dang! The bell rang, piercing my ears! I was trying to replicate what I actually said when I was scared for my life! From the bell! It was quite humorous, as the funny part is...no one else was surprised by the bell...

So, in the next post, I'll talk about the what can be called the short interval...

2 comments:

Ms Aireen said...

Wow Willy I'm glad you had a great learning experience in Science class yesterday with Chasity and Stanley. What was the science behind this learning experience? What caused the liquid in this experience to erupt? Just thought I'd write a question for you to think about.

I like the pictures and videos you provided to support this blog post.

Willy I said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment