Saturday, 28 February 2015

Frightened, and Lost...

My eyes flung open. I was awaken by the leaves that were blowing into my face. My ears, hurt. My head, hurt. I was laying on the ground, looking up to the sky. It looked like it was the afternoon. It could get dark soon. I staggered up, and looked around to figure out where I was.

I could tell I was in a bush-like environment, only to have multiple trees from one point to another. Then I try to figure out how I ended up here. Only hazy moments of me falling down could give some details of what I was doing. I blacked out. Another shows figures almost flying past me, showing only small details I couldn’t make out.

And now here I was, in the middle of probably nowhere. A slow, yet breezy gust of wind blew through me, some leaves have flew up and down. I took a few steps into a direction and started to walk. But in doubt. Passing a bush, I heard rustling from the leaves. Cracks and snaps from the twigs I had stepped on.


After walking for what felt like an hour, I stopped to take the time to think. Nature-like sounds surrounded my hearing. The sound of birds, speaking to one another. Another gentle sound, the trees swayed with the gust of wind. I couldn’t even think with all the doubtful thoughts in my mind. Could I get out alive? was my biggest question of all. Could I? I tried to think positive, but that didn’t work, so without a moment too soon, I started to become dehydrated.

I limped down the unknown path. I looked around, but only to find a thick, white-like fog coming my way. Slowly, I back away from where I was, and take another direction. Then change my mind to go another way. I was a failing G.P.S. More twigs broke and snapped. The fog came over me like a blanket. My mind was in a different direction. Where should I go? What should I do? “Hello!” I yell again.

I had lost my sense of direction. Looking up again, the sky was getting darker. It was getting late. I needed help. Fast. But what could I do if there was no one there? This was a major problem. As I continued to think this thought, a group of what I thought was birds,  almost pierce me with their “beaks”, squawking unfamiliar sounds that made my ears ring once again.

I fall onto my knees on the ground in pain. I screamed in agony, which echoed into the unknown. I slowly go from a kneeling position into a beetle position, a tear running down my cheek. I didn’t want to be here. It’s like outer space, no one could hear you scream...this forest felt like an unfamiliar world, and I’m the only human. I was frightened, and lost…

Image result for leaves on the ground“Aargh!!!” I cried out to the sky, howling like a wolf. Why am I here!? This isn’t fair! But as I cried out to the heavens, or at least they sky above me, I had to find food. What felt like another hour of confusion and hunger, I tire myself. My body was aching...my eyes were burning...my hands were numb...my shoes, the soles had holes...

I gave in to the forest, fell backwards onto what I thought would be soft, but hard ground, with a violent impact with the ground strained my body. I looked up to the now dark bluish sky. I suddenly heard voices, echoing, softly. They said my name repeatedly. Pain rushed through my body. Paralysed. I couldn’t say anything.

And as my journey through the forest was almost coming to an end,, I took a few deep breaths. I looked at the sky, now dark, stars showing. My insides slowly shutting down. Could this be my resting place? Is this where I’ve met my end? Is this...goodbye? My eyes closed slowly, my breathing stopped. Am I gone? Have I passed on? I tried to test my body for any sign of movement. It was taking longer than I thought. But just as I thought I was done for it...

My eyes flung open. I was awaken by the leaves that were blowing into my face. My ears, hurt. My head, hurt. I was laying on the ground, looking up to the sky…

No comments:

Post a Comment