Monday, 5 January 2015

Christmas Eve (2)

I save myself from anxiety, knowing it was my uncle a the door, knocking.

I rush downstairs, and before he even calls out my name...

The door opens.

I greet him and he greets me. Then his girlfriend (okay, seriously, she might be engaged, I don't know for sure but I'll just mention her as the girlfriend) greets me, and I greet her in an excited mood. I tell them that Mum, Dad, and Abby would be back after midnight.

This was going to be a long night. It was 10:20p.m or something, but I knew it would take forever if we stood around, so, my uncle's girlfriend took a shower, my uncle went for the salad, I...walked upstairs into the room to eat the muffins left over. There's four.

Thanks a lot, Martin. Now I'm gonna get hungry at this point.

My uncle calls us both down (Me and Martin) to have a little chat. 

"What are you doing down here?" my uncle asks.
"Just watching TV" I reply.
"You going to college?" my uncle's girlfriend asks.
"Uh, no." I reply, "I'm still a Year 7".
"In intermediate?" she asks.
"Sort of..." I reply.

And the next thing you know, we're talking about colleges. And who would know what my uncle said. No, really, guess. But here's a clue. He went to Tamaki College.

Got, no, have your answer? Well, my uncle advised me to go to, and everybody say it, 3, 2, 1...

Tamaki College. Huh, should have added more feeling into that. TAMAKI COLLEGE! YEAH!

No, but, really, he did advise me to go there.

So, to my surprise, I was given chocolate, and with my brother sitting in the middle on me and my uncle's girlfriend, it was obvious he got jealous. SO, he got some, and before you know it, the packet was finished. Felt guilty eating it all, leaving nothing for Abby.

But she was probably having fun at church.

So, it was 11:00p.m. Guess what is happening? My uncle and his girlfriend are gone...outside the house, in their car. They were just...sitting there, admiring the fireworks. Bit romantic, what actually killed the moment was the fact that my uncle was on his phone. It was so bright, I saw it from upstairs, in the house!

Mum calls back, and we exchange what has currently happened to the both of us. Then she asks if Dad is at home. I say no. I ask why. "He left early," my Mum said.
"Well he hasn't come home, yet." I say,
"Okay..." my Mum says, and there's a brief silence.
"I'll just wait..." I say, breaking that short silence.

So I hung up after that, and then, just simply waited! Simple as pie. But it was late at night, what would I expect to happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment