Friday, 12 December 2014

The Last Day

Hey, there. Yoou.

It's that time of the year, again. The end of the school year, or at least, for us. I heard OTHERS have one week left. Lucky. I bet they started late, too. Because we started on January the 28th. I still remember the first thing that happened. Still remembered the people. Still remember the table I was sitting at. Still remember the moment that random guy started to chase me home, who I didn't know.

Now look at us now. Crying, knowing that some of us won't see them for a while.

At least the assembly will be a highlight of us being together for the last time. Had a great time. Failed to do the spilts. Farewelled Mr Wong and Miss May. Sad.

I couldn't help it but shed my tears after school, after the bell, watching everyone from the gate, standing alone, with Taylor's nana, of course, I know she's going to be here next year.

Right? If she's not, I am sooo not gonna be right next year.

Hugs and kisses from one to another, and messages flowing. One person I'll never forget hugging and talking for a long time is Simon. He wasn't going to leave the school gates. Literally. He was, like, on the very edge of Tripoli Road's entrance. I was on the other side (weird), and we both hugged and I rambled on about what could probably happen next year.

We wouldn't see each other some time.

We were both broken after I said that. After realizing I needed to go, I gently, slowly, walk away from him. Wow, that didn't sound sad at all! being sarcastic there, it was pretty emotional when we kept thinking about the year ahead, what would happen to us. I know I'll still be here, in Tamaki Primary, maybe growing to even be a leader for the school.

Oorr not. We never know.

But I'll never forget them. They may forget me, but I'll never forget them.

And this year, though, I will never forget. Nor 2013. Nor 2012. Nor...

Bring it on, 2015!

P.S - I think I just rambled on about the "farewell Year 8s" part.

I'll miss them, though.

Oh, there I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment