2 Weekly Post - Week 1

Good week a week ago.

Thursday
It's a bit fuzzy, but I remember Thursday, it was a night to remember. Sort of.

On Thursday, August 28th, it was Miss Kyla's birthday. Great day. We made pizza for technology, then gave it to Miss Kyla (obviously!), the birthday girl. Then there was a syndicate assembly, and one part of the assembly was us singing 'Happy Birthday' to her and Paris (or was it Francis?), and Brodie, but he was in band practise.

Before 3:00 p.m, I did a rap song for her. Didn't realize I could rap a bit.

Now, into the night.

I went to the doctors. Not for me, Abby. She was quite sick for a few days, and her health was getting worse. Although she didn't spew at doctors, thank goodness. This is a lesson...

Don't eat that much carrots.

I remember the time. So close to 6 o'clock. Probably 2 minutes to the hour. Walking through the pathway, it soon got darker. Glen Innes is different when it's dark. Working lights are on, not warm white lights. Most buildings are dark, closed. I saw an apartment on the top of the pharmacy, warm lights on. The doctor's looked different, WAY different. Last time I saw it, it was smaller, and didn't really have that much greetings.

6:00 - 6:05 p.m

Inside. I open the door for Mum and Abby, and then kept the door open for a lady and child. Didn't say thank you. Obviously.

Mum's at the reception, while I am at the back of her, leaning on the rail. I didn't know why they put the rail there, nor why they made the floor in front of the reception tilted. Nevermind. After a minute and a half, and I knew because I was looking at the clock in the reception desk, we finally walked away. To sit down.

Sad.

So we sat down. As I said a couple seconds ago, but little did I know, it would be the longest wait yet. First off, let me ask you this, and no offence, but do you get in that situation where you follow the person you're with, then that person says, "No. Stay there." then you sit down, and then suddenly, a little kid comes to you and says to your face, "Ha, ha, you stay here.", and you just want to be sarcastic and say, "Oh, ha, ha, ha, so funny of you to say that.", and have the most straightest face ever, while trying to keep your mouth shut because their mother is a couple metres away? That was me.

They kept saying that how many times. I was pretty annoyed. Although, I could just look away, and amazingly, they walked away! In my mind I was so happy, but still, where's the fun?

Mum and Abby came back from somewhere, and sat down. The lady receptionist walked by, and opened the back door. Behind the back door was a container-like door. Closing both doors, she went off. I started to daydream, on what I could be missing out at home, or, on television.

What's the weather tomorrow? Or, in this story case, the next day, which would be Friday?

We're still here. At the doctor's. With me sitting down. Bored. The ankle biters playing around. Nurses talking. Abby standing on the 'stand on this and see what the weight is' scale. She weighed a lot. Must be because she ATE A LOT OF FOOD!

7:00 p.m. Or probably close to that.

I should've been at home right now. Watching Shortland Street, but oh well, I'll just have to wait until I watch it on demand. Or will I?

An hour in and we're still waiting.

I start to watch what's on the television. Something weird. Then someone else starts to watch it. Then amazingly we all watch, as the egg ran away from its mother. Then flew onto a tree. Weird.

7:50 p.m

I feel tired. I want to sleep. I don't know why. Must be the illusion of the environment. Outside, it is as dark as midnight. At midnight, most of us would sleep, right? That's what's happened to me. Dang you, night illusion.

8:00 p.m

Finally we're up! For that, I was in the shortest appointment in my life. I had waited an hour, or two, and at the end was just 2 minutes of appointment. Talk about a 'dis-appointment'! Ah, get it? Disappointment, with the word 'appointment' on it? I bet you do.

Comments

  1. Compelling writing Willie. And how I empathize with long waits in doctors' surgeries.

    Mrs. Burt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

Apology Post

The Market...