2 Weekly Blogpost

Hello, people.

In the last fortnight...

It was the last week of school. On the last day (4th July), I spent most of the day helping Mrs Manuyag do something. It's fuzzy what the thing was, something about a rocket? Oh well, my memory is going bad.

I said goodbye again to my netbook. No, my netbook has not been taken, it's just that the Winter Holidays were here, and I wouldn't be able to be on it for 2 weeks! Wait, now that I think about it...my netbook might not be charged! Oh, no...

This week, right through, it really felt like winter. Storm ravaging parts in the country, but I shouldn't explain it, instead, this video I made, highlighting part of the week, will tell you. Warning, editing was bad, so the end won't sound right...

video

Okay, that video was a little bad. But hey, it was my first one made. My voice is the problem. No kidding. Should've heard me in "You Are Special".

Why, ears? Why!?

At least today looks nice. Sun filling up the living room. Oh! Here's a good one. Just last night (12th July), I was offered a new upgrade to my home computer. I declined it, saying I was used to the slowness. Then today, I changed my mind, thinking that if I kept this computer I am typing these words on, it will break, so, it's best if I get an upgrade...

Wait, change my mind about the sun, it's all shower now...

Something coming up...

Earlier this week, One News Tonight wanted helpers...don't jump to conclusions...for picking the music for the weather! It is better than you think. I mean, picking music for One News Tonight. Here, listen more...

One...

News...

Tonight...

I was one of the helpers. Sadly, they already had a winner, but the songs I chose are still 'up their sleeves', meaning they could use a song for the weather! Amazing, eh?

Also, someday, it will be 100 years since World War One began. There's just a gut feeling somewhere in the world they would be replicating fours years of war. That'll take a while.

That's it for now...

Oh no, wait! No, nevermind...

UPDATE: 05:53 PM

Yep, there's one subject I forgot to talk about. Russian Ark.

I was bored yesterday, and so I went online for "best single shot videos". I ended up with a Top 10 of the best uninterrupted, long, single-shotted scenes in movies. Wow, that was a long line of single-shots. If you don't know what a "single-shot" scene is, it is a certain scene that doesn't cut, like it is continuous. An example? Well, this ain't a movie, but it's a single shot...that "Break My Stride" State Insurance advert. 2012 was a good year...

Anyway, the number one of the Top 10 was, yes, Russian Ark. The entire film was made in one shot. Yes, one single, uncutted, uninterrupted, continuous, flowing, shot. I searched for the trailer, and I was interested, so I searched the film. It was amazing. Like a tour in a museum. I have never been so interested in something so significant. The best part was the subtitles. Before you ask, the movie is in russian. Great movie.

Oh, and an update for the storm aftermath...roads have been closed up north. A person has been missing due to floods. Her body was found today. Residents have been told to stock up on water, the web says. The weather would be a little better tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Hi Willy, as always you have kept me entertained with your blog post. Wow you have been busy. I had no idea that State advert was a continuous shot. I thought it was super clever editing.
    Here's a challenge - do you think you could make a single shot movie this term for the Manaiakalani Film Festival? Start planning now....

    Mrs Burt
    London

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

Apology Post

The Market...