Alouette (French-Canadian Song)

Last night I listened to a popular French Canadian song called, "Alouette". It's a really catchy song, in french! It made me learn the parts of a body (e.g. tĂȘte = head, beke = beak) and a name of a bird, a lark (french = alouette). To read about the song, go to this Wikipedia website

Here is a short version of the folk song from YouTube:


link: Alouette

Here is the singable version in english:

Little skylark, lovely little skylark,
Little skylark, I'll pluck your feathers off.
I'll pluck the feathers off your head. x2
Off your head! x2
Little lark! x2
O-o-o-oh

Little skylark, lovely little skylark,
Little skylark, I'll pluck your feathers off.

I'll pluck the feathers off your beak. x2
Off your beak!  x2
Off your head!  x2
Little lark!  x2
O-o-o-oh

Little skylark, lovely little skylark,
Little skylark, I'll pluck your feathers off.

I'll pluck the feathers off your neck. x2
Off your neck! x2
Off your beak!  x2
Off your head!  x2
Little lark!  x2
O-o-o-oh

Little skylark, lovely little skylark,
Little skylark, I'll pluck your feathers off.

I'll pluck the feathers off your back. x2
Off your back! x2
Off your neck!  x2
Off your beak!  x2
Off your head!  x2
Little lark!  x2
O-o-o-oh

Little skylark, lovely little skylark,
Little skylark, I'll pluck your feathers off.

I'll pluck the feathers off your tail. x2
Off your tail!  x2
Off your back! x2
Off your neck!  x2
Off your beak!  x2
Off your head!  x2
Little lark!  x2
O-o-o-oh

Little skylark, lovely little skylark,
Little skylark, I'll pluck your feathers off.

If you read the Wikipedia page, you should probably know why 
the bird is being plucked its feathers off.

Comments

Popular Posts

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

Apology Post

The Market...