Tuesday 30th August - Part Two of Two - Today I Learned...


Oh, dang git, I thought, immediately after I said the Lord’s name in vain. I quickly apologised to the Lord, and upon meeting the teacher who was in D7, she told me that the students in the classroom already left. “NOOOOOOOO!!!!!” I thought in my mind, and as she read the paper, she pointed out that the people I needed were actually coming out of the gym!! “AAAHHHH!!!!” I yelled in my mind, but I walked through the mud to meet one of the people I needed.
“Hi, there. This is for you and someone else.” I said to the guy, and he thanked me and ran off as I walked off.


Oh, goodness, this is getting a bit lengthy. Period Two, I walked by a few classrooms and gave notes around without any problems. Period Three, I went around again and there were a few times where I came back to my spot, just in time to get another note and walk around again. It was funny...for a bit, then it kept happening again and again, and this teacher who I didn’t know the name of probably declined the papers nonchalantly as I took a quick rest, basically saying “Not in this class...not in this class...not in this class…” I mean, yeah, I brought three notes to the wrong class but come on, Ms. Trollip, it was a hot day and I was walking more than I would usually walk during schooltime. I also helped this lady (didn’t know her name) with cutting up some of these notices for some AUT course meeting happening on Thursday. At the end of Period Four, after some more message taking and stuff, I was about to move my belongings over to the other spot where I was going to stay for the rest of the day, but fiiiirst, once agaaiiinn, I had to walk to a few more classrooms to deliver notes………...


I was really getting a bit tired after a while. By the time I made it back to the second spot, located in the reception, I was aching! I really didn’t expect to feel like this - I mean, obviously, with the job as a runner, I might as well should’ve expected this to happen no matter what happened. I ate some of my lunch while I waited for the next few notes, and listened as people walked by and talked at the reception. I then had to take another few notes around, before going back to my spot just before the bell rang for the second break. The same lady at the reception who took me around for the short tour of being the runner thanked me for the effort in doing the runner job. I felt pleased to hear that, and that I was “praised” apparently by some teachers in the staff room. I got to choose a chocolate bar of my choice and sat down at the spot, and started eating. Ahhh, what a nice treat after doing what they would say was the busiest day for a runner yet.

Saying all of that, it is vital that you listen to your Health teacher when she picks out the runners for the school week. Or else you’ll be picked without even knowing it…

Comments

Popular Posts

April 25th...

Running Day

GBW: Transcript